collapse

Author Topic: Broke into the R1900's just today! Just barely.  (Read 1881 times)

SDMiller

• Author
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • My book: Mahjong from A to Zh
Broke into the R1900's just today! Just barely.
« on: August 12, 2015, 01:07:33 pm »
Steadily progressing upward as I go. I worried I wouldn't make it into the 1900's but at 1905, I'm JUST in there.   ;D

I thought (特上) tokujo would be pretty scary, but good news is I find it actually more predictable than was the jokyu (上級) room, and the win/loss payoff ratios are so much better, so it's actually LESS stressful than was jokyu. If I lose, I generally saw it coming, and I don't suffer too much of a point hit for having lost.

The other nice thing is almost everyone has a higher R rating than me, so when I do win, I get a nice bump in my R. Definitely worth shooting for access to tokujo, because once you get there, riichi mahjong gets even more fun.

SDMiller

• Author
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • My book: Mahjong from A to Zh
Ugh. But Don't get cocky.
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2015, 11:03:56 pm »
I started out terrible, and went into S3 as East in last place, but pulled it up to first with 50,200 points and a 26,000 point lead over 2nd after five continuances. Going into S4 I should have been happy that I saved a terrible game with a giant lead to basically guarantee me a win. I HAD this match in the bag... NO reason whatsoever to riichi in S4. LOTS of reasons NOT to riichi in S4. WHY did I riichi there? Dumb dumb dumb.

:doh:

http://tenhou.net/0/?log=2015081412gm-0029-0000-7ef9a3b2&tw=2

* Osamuko's RSS

Invalid feed.

anything